Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hannah's Audition

Hannah auditioned for the Oshawa Stake's production of Beauty and the Beast on Thursday (also her birthday). I had explained to her that I had to see if she would be allowed to participate b/c the kids were supposed to be 8 yrs and up. Hannah did amazingly in the Children's choir for the Stake Christmas contata. She was the youngest in the choir and had all the words memorized and she was really focused on following Sis. LaFrance. I had talked to Heather and Lori about her participating in the play and they were pretty sure she would be able to, but I didn't want to get her hopes up. Part of the problem is that there arn't a lot of roles for kids in the production. They were going to do their best to create some small parts. On the day of the audition I didn't really mention it to her much. I didn't want her to think about it too much and get silly (she likes to pretend to be scared or nervous, but I don't think she really is). I asked her around dinner time what song she wanted to sing for the audition and she asked if she could sing anything she wanted. I told her she could and then she said she wanted to sing "This is Me" from Camp Rock and that was it!!! When we got into the audition I was a little nervous (about my audition). I tried to get her to stand with me for courage but she ran to the corner and made funny faces whenever I looked over at her. When it was her turn, she was being a little shy. I asked her if she wanted me to sing the beginning of the song with her, which she agreed to and then whispered the first few words to me. She started to sang the first few words really, really quietly, but very quickly realized that she didn't need my help at all. She did so awesome!!! I was so proud of her. She has never done an audition before, or even sang in Church...although she certainly loves to sing a lot at home. Everyone clapped for her and then they talked about options for her (i.e. doing a mini me version of the "silly girls"). When we got home, she her song again for Joel while I recorded her.

I am so impressed with how mature she is and how she was able to understand that she might not be able to be in the production even though she had auditioned. I got the call from Sis. LaFrance on Wednesday just before lunch and she told me what a great job Hannah had done in her audition and that she was going to be a mini version of the "silly girls" with Holly, Chantelle and Abigail and she aslo gets to be a dancing carpet. She was so excited when I told her. We were looking through a Beauty and the Beast board book last night and wanted me to point out her part....we found one rug in the book, so she was happy. I will be playing the roll of Madame Grande Bouche (the wardrobe) so I am really excited that we will get to be in the show together and get to spend lots of time together. I love that she is into Musicals....she may not look like me, but she definitely gets her love of music from me!!!

1 comment:

Canadian Princess said...

Congrats to both of you! Glad the auditions went so well!