Monday, March 16, 2009

Sour Milk

I had to laugh at my little Eden earlier this afternoon. She decided to get into the pantry cupboard and found one of her sippy cups. I did wonder how long it had been sitting there, but I didn't think too much of it...that is not until I heard her gagging a minute later. She gagged a couple of times and then she seemed to be okay. As soon as I heard her gagging I knew that there must have been some sour milk in the cup. I think I gave her some in it yesterday, so it can't have been that bad right?? It was so funny I couldn'thelp but laugh. In fact as I am writting this, the thought still makes me giggle. Eden has a very active gag reflex. It is amazing how the smallest taste of something can make her gag. I can still remember the instant reaction/gag she had when we were at Valerie and Glen's for dinner and I decided to try and give her some chicken broth. I had never tried it with any of the other kids, but thought I would give it a try. I should have known that it would be aweful as the colour was slightly...actually Idon't know what you would call the colour. It looked like gravy that had solidified. As you can imagine, it only took one taste for Eden to gag on it. Just to be sure I hadn't caused her to gag by putting the spoon to far into her mouth I tried to give her a second bite and sure enough she gagged again! Would it be really cruel to give her something she doesn't like on purpose just so we can record her gag reaction?????

No comments: