Wednesday, March 5, 2008

There were two

I don't have any great story to begin with...so I will just begin where our story started. Joel and I first met at a YSA dance when I was 19 and he was 18. His Uncle Mark came up to me and asked me if I would dance with his shy nephew....I agreed...we danced....Joel said I was not very encouraging and only answered "yes" or "no". I thought I was being friendly. Needless to say he didn't ask me out :( Joel went on his mission to South Africa and I went to Utah. I came home from Utah and he returned from his mission a year and a half later. We met again the first week of December at institute at the Heyland's apartment ( CES missionary couple from Alberta...Sis. Heyland is from South Africa). I had a job interview at work earlier that day. I can still remember the outfit I was wearing (brown pant suite with a goldish turtle neck) Joel couldn't keep his eyes off me :) even when I caught him staring at me he didn't turn away. We started hanging out as friends and then started dating in January. He proposed at the Sacred Grove in March 2000 while we were visiting Palmyra for the Temple's open house. We were married on June 17th 2000.

No comments: