Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Then there were three


Hannah Eve Stoklosa was born at 4:36am on Wednesday, January 15th, 2003. She was long awaited as we had had some trouble with previous pregnancies. She was born weighing 8 lbs and looking like she had just returned from a vacation in Florida. Hannah has brought us so much joy over the past 5 years....it is so hard to beleive that is has been five years. I used to hear people say that they couldn't remember when their kids were that small...I used to think that I would never forget the different stages my kids have gone through, but recently I have begun to realize that I can't remember as many of "little things" that I would like to. Hannah is a beautiful young lady. She sometimes acts much older than 5, and at other times much younger. I find this frustrating. I know I expect too much of her at times, and at other times I she shows me that she is capable of doing much more than I expect of her. Hannah is loving. Ever since she was a baby, she has loved to cuddle. Lately we cuddle on the couch together while watching Food Tv. She wants to be a "cooker" like Rachael Ray when she grows up. When ever I am making dinner, or baking she is always asking if I will show her how to make that when she gets bigger. Last year Hannah competed in her first triathalon (Kids of Steel) and she loved it. It was so cute to watch her swim across the little pool all by herself. Joel helped her in the transition areas I her brothers and I cheered her on. She said the running was her favourite part. She competed in a duathalon in September and came in 1st for the girls in her age group. We were so proud of her. Hannah has taken Highland dancing for the past 2 1/2 years. She loves to show you her "highland hands". Lately she really wants to learn how to tap dance. She was given a pair of black church shoes that she calls her tap shoes. Even though they are too big for her, she wears them around the house constantly to practice her tapping :) Hannah is in JK and is loving it. She has just started to read :) Last week she brought a book to me and asked me to help her. She is able to sound out all the letters and can sometimes figure out the word by herself, but most of the time she needs help putting the letter sounds together. I think she is doing awesome :) What else can I say about Hannah. She is a true little girl. She loves to dress up...never puts her clothes away after she has finished playing with them. She loves to put on makeup (luckily the makeup she got from a friend for her birthday is all gone), she loves her baby sister and is looking forward to sharing a room with her. She has a great imagination and loves to play. I love my baby girl...even though every time I call her that she tells me that she isn't a baby. She is my little Hannahla and her daddies angel.

1 comment:

RogueMonkey said...

Well that is just awesome, I learned so much about Hannah. Way to go on the Tri Hannah!! Okay in 15 years I challenge you to a triathlon, Olympic Distance or greater, who knows, I'll be pretty old (although not as old as Aunt Sarah of course) it could be an interesting race.