Monday, March 17, 2008

Then there were four


Jonathan Adam Stoklosa was born on Wednesday, October 20th 2004. He weighed 8 lbs 2 oz. He looked like such a little man when he was born. He had a lot of dark brown hair and a natural part to the side. He had a perfect little boy haircut :) There was some debate about his name. I wanted Isaac for his first name and Joel really, really wanted Jonathan....I love the name Jonathan, but was afraid that everyone would try and call him John or Johnny....in the end, the name Jonathan had more meaning to Joel than Isaac did to me. Jonathan is named after Jonathan in the bible. Jonathan (son of Saul) was a friend of David's. Saul wanted to kill David, but Jonathan protected him. Joel admires the love that Jonathan had for David....thus the name Jonathan. Jonathan has the most beautiful auburn hair. I cut it for the first time on his first birthday. Before I cut it, he had blond streaks in the front, and a really long, dark auburn streak in the back. He has gorgeous ivory skin, amazingly long eyelashes, and incredible blue eyes. He is my beautiful blue eyed boy....Even though he is my beautiful boy, he has gone through (and still is) going through some "stages". He didn't really start talking until he was 18 months old. Prior to that, he would just scream to get what he wanted. I didn't mind it too much, because I knew that he would stop once he learned to speak. Jonathan loves balls. Ever since he could walk, he has been able to kick a soccer ball (much to Joel's joy). We enrolled him in organized soccer for the first time in January. He did really well the first week, but the next couple of weeks he just wanted to do his own thing. He would just run around the huge indoor field kicking the ball, but didn't want to join his team. The past couple of weeks he has been great. He has been participating in the drills and playing the game. It is so cute to watch him. I still have to get a picture of him in his super cute soccer uniform.
Jonathan loves movies with "bad guys". He turns anything he can find into a sword or a gun...I am not too happy with this, I am more than happy to let him watch Hannah's Barbie movies, but even these always have a bad guy of some sort. Jonathan is very passionate. When he is in upset (most often b/c he has gotten in trouble) he will run to me and just cling to my legs and apologize. He is also very energetic...we used to call him the energizer bunny. There was a long time when he had no interest in TV. He would just run around the house getting into everything. I was very happy once he would sit still for a few minutes and watch a show. Some of Jonathan's favourite movies are: Shrek and Shrek 2 (it sounds like "Shrek tooth" when he says it), Narnia, Transformers, Mulan, and Lion King (see what I mean about bad guys).
Jonathan loves his baby sister. The other day I asked Hannah to hold her on the couch for a minute, then Jonathan asked if he could. He sat with her (propped up by the couch arm) for at least 20 minutes. I kept checking on them, and he was content. She fell asleep and he kept kissing her head. It was soooooo cute. It is funny, because the first couple of days after Eden was born, Jonathan wasn't really interested in her. It was like he didn't know she was there. Once I said something to him about his baby sister and he said "she isn't my sister, she's your daughter". What a cutie pie :)

No comments: