Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cleaning house

I decided to buy the Mr. Clean mopping system thing to help keep my kitchen floor clean. I wash it once a week, but it really could use it much more (especially under the table). Jonathan and Benjamin are constantly dropping food on the floor. Hannah and Jonathan were excited when they saw it and wanted to help, I explained that it wasn't a toy. A little while later I was on the computer and I heard a noise. I asked Jonathan what he was doing and he told me that he was cleaning and he was almost done. I checked it out a few minutes later and found him in the dining room moping the floor in his underwear, it was a funny site. He had taken the mop out and had washed the living room and dining room floor....except he used way too much of the cleaning solution. I could see it all over the floor (it sprays out the front of the mop). He insisted on finishing the floor. It was really cute, but at the same time he used the entire bottle of cleaning solution! I was hoping it would last more than one day :) He actually really likes helping me clean, or just helping in general. I find that when he is being a little out of control I can get him to calm down by asking him to help me with something. He has been pretty good lately. I have had numerous comments that he seems to have really calmed down lately :) Yeah! He has been really good at "Town Hall". When I picked him up last wee his teacher was telling me how great he was doing. She said that he is a pleasure to work with. It was good to hear that. I always worry how he will behave. I know he can get a little wild with me and Joel, but was pretty sure he didn't get that way for others....it was good reassurance.

2 comments:

Canadian Princess said...

That's a funny little story...cute that he likes to help you so much too!!!

Canadian Princess said...

I'm glad you added the pics...too cute!