Monday, June 9, 2008

My sweet husband

Joel is away in Montanna on a Mine training course. He sent me the nicest email this morning that I want to remember :)
Hello my most wonderful wife!!

Was a long day travelling, and this more than any other trip I feel home sick. Probably because I haven’t been gone this long in a while, and I feel as though I’ll be missing so much, nothing in particular but just not being there. I’ve thought about you a lot throughout the day, wondered what you were doing, what the kids were up to, wishing I could be there rather than cramped in some plane or sitting on an uncomfortable airport chair. It started to weigh on my last night, I started thinking how harsh I was yesterday and that those were the last things I said and did before going away for a week. I’m really sorry! I wish I was a better parent and husband. Then I started wishing I didn’t have to go so I was in no rush to get packed. I’ve got a pretty nice view of the mountains from my window, but I’d rather be able to see my wife and kids.

Friday wasn’t much better, it was my own fault and I was mad at myself and took it out on you, I’m sorry! I hope you know how much I love you, I wouldn’t be able to get by without you. So much of who I am is because of you and the kids are very fortunate to have such a strong mom.

You’ve done a great job doing your cakes. I’m very proud of you! It’s refreshing to see you take such an interest and initiative in something. I think I’ve always had something, like sports or investing, for me to get into and I’ve always felt kind of selfish and guilty. You’re such a giving person, whether it’s to us, our family’s or friends, or people at church, it’s important to take time for yourself, to do something you enjoy.

You’re my best friend, my greatest love, my Eternal Beloved. Friday can’t come fast enough.

All my love from miles away,

Joel
XO

2 comments:

Canadian Princess said...

Very sweet...made me cry of course! How are things going with Joel being away? A week's a long time to do things yourself...I hope you're all handling it well!

Dan and Kira said...

He is the Sweetest Guy EVER!