Sunday, June 1, 2008

Little stinker

Saturday night was not a very fun night for us....mostly me :( Joel had decided to tell the kids that they could have a sleepover in the family room....cute idea, but the kids were a little too excited about it. I had 3 cakes to finish and was upset b/c my new printer (with edible ink) that I was going to use for 2 of the cakes wasn't working (a whole other story), so I was very frustrated. I finally started on the cakes as the kids were watching a movie and then realized that Joel was going downstairs to workout. The kids finally settled down and I got what I needed to done. Hannah was the first to fall asleep, then Jonathan and finally Benjamin. I was up until about 1am finishing the cakes and then went to bed. Just as I was about to get into bed Eden woke up. I think it was b/c of the lights in the washroom...she decided that she was wide awake and didn't finally go to sleep until 3:30am... I was so tired. I tried nursing her I don't know how many times. She was pretty happy, but didn't just want to sit still. I kept having to move her around and give her something to play with. I moved into Hannah's room so we wouldn't wake up Joel. I finally rocked her to sleep and then she woke up again 30 min later. I nursed her and then she slept again until 6am...I was so exhausted. I have no idea what Eden was thinking. Surprisingly enough she wasn't cranky on Saturday. I decided to cut her sleep short (sometimes she will take an afternoon nap that lasts more than 3 hours) and see if she slept better through the night. I couldn't decide if I should put her in the crib or not. I put Hannah and Jonathan in the crib around 5 or 5 1/2 months...as much as I like my sleep, I kind of like my little sleeping buddy, but on the other hand, it would be very nice to not have her wake up multiple times a night. I finally decided to go for it. I put her in the basinet and placed the basinet in the crib. She was wide awake, and she didn't even make a peep. She woke up 12am and brought her into bed to feed her. I would have fallen back asleep, but she had a dirty diaper. After changing her, I decided to try and put her back in the basinet. I fully expected her to cry, but didn't hear a peep. I kept waking up and listening for her, but she didn't wake up until 7:45am :) I am not sure if that was just beginners luck??? I put her in the basinet again tonight. I am constantly amazed that she will put herself to sleep (I have been trying to put her to bed and nap awake for the past couple of weeks). It is amazing what babies can do. She is such a cutie pie. She is such a happy little girl. She gives the hugest smiles....especially to her mommy :)

1 comment:

Canadian Princess said...

That's great she's been putting herself to sleep awake. I'll have to teach Jacob that! I hope it's continued;)