Monday, June 9, 2008

Eden is eating


Today is the day. Eden started solids...okay,okay, she actually had a Baby Mum Mum cracker on sat. and sun and really liked them so I decided I should try giving her cereal. She has been trying to grab my plate lately. I wasn't sure if that was b/c she wanted the food, or b/c she just likes to grab things. She did great with the crackers (they pretty much dissolve in the mouth) on the weekend and then had more today. She would get upset if I didn't give her the pieces fast enough. I also gave her some rice cereal today and she loved it. She didn't make any funny faces or gag or anything. She ate all that I had prepared (a couple of tablespoons for sure) and probably would have eaten more if I offered it to her. I should also mention that she is doing amazingly with her sleeping. I decided to put her in last saturday night (after she was wide awake half the night before just for the fun of it). I didn't want to do it, but thought I would see if it made a difference. If it didn't then I was going to bring her back into our room. She slept incredibly the first night. She went to bed around 8pm and didn't get up until 7:45am...I wasn't sure if that was just beginners luck???? the next couple of nights she got up earlier (1am and then around 4am), but after that she has been great. She has been sleeping until around 6:30 (although this morning it was 5:30) so I am extremely happy. I put her to bed and down to nap awake sometimes and most of the time she doesn't make a peep. She just puts her two middle fingers in her mouth and goes to sleep. She is such a dollie :) I just love her. She has such an amazing temperement. Even when she does wake up in the night, she is really happy. Most mornings she will lie in bed with me for an hour or more and just be content with a little toy or something. She gives the huggest smiles (although never when I have the camera....I think she is too busy looking at the camera to smile) and is truly just a happy little girl.

4 comments:

Canadian Princess said...

Wow that is such great news about her sleeping...it's great she's such a happy baby too! It will be interesting to see how Jacob and I do with the whole transition out of our room/into the crib and trying to get him to slep through the night thing...

Angie and Kyler: said...

She is so CUTE!

Dan and Kira said...

Sorry This is Kira I was logged in under my sister in law.

Dan and Kira said...

HI it's you cuz, you guys have the cutest family ever!