Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day has come and gone. Joel took the kids out on Friday night to pick something up for me, so I had an idea of what they were getting me when they came back from their shopping trip and Jonathan kept trying to tell me what they bought me (during one of his trys, I heard him say that they bought us a phone. I just got a new phone, so I figured it was something for that). I stayed in bed so the kids could bring the gift up to me. Hannah made an adorable card at school that I just LOVED :) I will include a pic later, but what I really loved was the inside. Here is what it said (there were 8 questions that Hannah answered):

My mom is "funny"
My mom likes to "walk"
My mom's favourite T.V show is "Rachel Ray"
My mom's favourite sons is "Into the Night"
My mom likes to eat "spagetti"
My mom likes it when "I hold my baby sister"
My mom's favourite word is "cutie"
My mom's the best because "she plays with me"

Isn't that so cute! I am always so impressed with how observant our kids are, especially Hannah, which makes sense as she is the oldest. I think she did a great job answering the questions. All her answers may not be my "favourites", but there are things we will do together i.e watch Rachel Ray (one of her favourite chefs), listening to "Into the Night" on my iPod...she is always asking to listen to it, and then she will sing it at the top of her lungs.
The kids were really good for me during sacrament. I brought the church activities that Rebekah gave me for christmas, and the kids really enjoyed doing them. Joel was the closing speaker in sacrament. He did a really good job. He opened by explaining that he is a "momma's boy", so this was going to be tough. He used a lot of quotes from scriptures and Sherri Dew and Julie B. Beck, he referenced his mom and me a few times, but was very emotional when he did. Brother Goral gave him a hug and said "that is exactly what I needed to hear" after sacrament was over. I thought it was very sweet. After church we came home and I finished a yummy cake for Grace's.
Eden was a little fussier than normal today, and then at the same time she laughed a ton with me. I can get her to laugh whenever I pretend to nibble her tummy, or when I put her nose to my face....but today she was laughing like crazy when I was talking to her. It was super cute.

1 comment:

Canadian Princess said...

Hannah's card made me cry...so cute!